Purchasing Guide on Voltage Converters
Electric converters are a reasonably simple piece of equipment easy to use… but when it comes to buying Voltage Converters you need to pay attention to quality! Buying the wrong converter, or a bad quality voltage converter, can literally fry your appliances. Any damage done by using a bad quality voltage converter would not be covered by warranty. It is difficult to tell which voltage converter brand is best quality for your appliances, it’s always good to play it safe, and doing some research would be a good idea for your safety to ensure you’re getting the right brand voltage converter.
What type of converter do I need?
If you’re going from step down (220 Volts) voltage appliance to step up (110 Volts) voltage, you’ll need a step up voltage converter. If you’re going from step up (110 volts) voltage appliance to step down (220 or 240 Volts) voltage, you’ll need a step down converter.
What to look for…
When you’re buying a converter, look for the following safety and performance features:
* Efficiency Factor: The lower the factor the more efficient the transformer, this is the 1st thing you should look at when buying a voltage converter.
* Circuit Breaker Protection: If there is a power surge in a step-down converter, it can really damage the appliances – circuit breaker protection prevents this occurring.
* On-off switches: These are actually very handy; they help prevent your appliance shorting in the time it is being plugged in.
* Power on led indicator: Of course, if you’re going to have an on-off switch, it makes sense to have an easy way to tell when it’s on!
* Universal Output Socket: Another fairly essential safety feature and accepts virtually any plug from around the world.
* No Noise or vibrate: These are really important when your voltage converter makes a lot of noise and vibrates it’s not safe.
Voltage Converter Brands
You certainly want to buy quality when you are getting a voltage converter, but which brand you should get?
Well we have gone out and did some research we have brought some brand voltage converters did some test and from 4 brands we have got LiteFuze brand which has all the features and more we have listed